Sunday, February 19, 2012

a new year!!!

This new year began with another semester of school. My most favorite class happens to be anatomy and physiology!! I have pictures from one of my labs that I am adding to this post. I spent a day in Rexburg when I had no classes so that I could go to the temple and spend some time on BYU-I campus. I began this new year with a new hair cut.
This is the before picture.
This is after. It is a little shorter, better layers, and tapered in the front. The hair stylest did a great job from the beauty school that is there in Rexburg.
I chose to go in the the new BYU-I auditorium for the devotional that day. It is the first one that I have been to that was not in the Hart Auditorium. It was a very different experience for me as it reminded me of the conference center. IT is huge. Here are a few pictures to give you the idea of what it is like.

I was sitting on the first floor at the top so I could leave quickly since I needed to do more things afterwards. It was a good experience and I am glad that I can go up sometimes to Rexburg. Suprisingly, there was hardly any snow up there and I nicknamed Rexburg so long ago as Iceburg. So many other people have called it that too, but there was not much ice on the ground. It was COLD because of the wind though.
The beginning of February we celebrated my sister's birthday. She is now 24 years old and has turned into a wonderful young women. She has been through a lot of major trials, but so far she has made it through them all. Here are a few pictures showing the best gift she recieved this year.
This is my sister just after she pulled the wrapped present from our parents out of the box they sent it in. She was very excited!!

This is the cake that I made for her. IT is not completly finished in this picture.
Here is a picture of the finished monkey cake. She was very happy of how it turned out. It is not quite how it is in the book but not too bad.

Feb 2 was her birthday. She got a pillow case from our parents to go with the beautiful quilt that my mom made and hand quilted.

My sister and one of her friends is holding her new quilt to go on her bed. It has music notes, hearts, and so much more hand quilted into it. It is beautiful!!!!!!!

And the other thing that was sent in the package was a big heart shaped chocolate chip/m&m cookie. I decided to show how excited I was to eat it.
The next pictures are from my anatomy lab....
I was able to see what a pig heart looks like and how similar it is to the human heart. I got to play surgeon!!! I used a scalpel to cut into the heart and even cut the lungs away from the heart. I wanted to add a picture of me cutting into the heart but for some reason it didn't want to load onto my blog... lol.
Also that same night, I went on campus to see the Harlem Globetrotters!! So here are a few pictures from a great night! It was so funny and lots of laughter.


These are just a few pictures from all the fun that was had during the game. I really enjoyed my night out and I have realized that even if I go by myself I need to go to more things away from the house. Here is to a good year!!







No comments: