Wednesday, January 21, 2015

A New normal in life and finding peace

I know it has been awhile since my last post. During school I tend to not write much as I focus on homework and learning new things. But plans have changed for now!

In the Fall of 2013 I began my journey to become a pharmacist. After having lots of doctors appointments for headaches and the possibility of having my thyroid cancer return after 2 1/2 years, I ended up failing 2 classes. They were the first 2 F's that I have ever had. It was heart breaking and I wondered why I began pharmacy school only to not be able to continue on with that class.

Then I did as the pharmacy committee asked me to and was able to begin again in August of 2014. Things did go better and I passed all the classes which is better than the first year. But they placed a stipulation on me that I had to get a C- in EVERY class or I would not be able to continue with ISU. One of my classes no matter how much I studied I just couldn't make the C- that I needed and was told on January 9th that I will no longer be a pharmacy student in Idaho.

Yes! This news really did hurt! I wondered why I felt so strongly about coming to school here and now I am not able to continue here.

But then I was told to let it go ( and not by the song from Frozen). It is time to move forward and look forward to what is coming my way next. There is nothing that I can do about the situation. I can not go back to change what has happened here. I can say that I did the best that I could and that grades do not matter to my Father in Heaven. What matters to Him is what I become!!

For now, I will work as much as I can, attend institute classes, attend the temple (in many cities), play the piano, and read some good books. There are other things that I will be doing to, but I will want to discover what those are as time goes forward.

Often we talk about accepting the Lord's will and His timing! This is one of the things that I want to do at this time. He has a purpose for this happening and for me moving to another city in His time.

No comments: