Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas was wonderful

Charles and I woke up at 8am on Christmas morning. The one present that I had hoped to receive was answered in a unique way by a loving Father in Heaven. After the last few months of trials we have received blessings many times in the last month. On the 17th of December, we had a knock on our door. When we opened the door we found sacks with food and presents just for us. We were richly blessed by some angels in our ward. The presents we were asked not to open until Christmas morning. There was one gift that was for me which had an explanation on it that puzzled me when I first opened it. It was chosen just for me but the person who picked it out did not know why it was to be given to me, however, they were led by the spirit as they bought it. The gift helped me to remember that He really does answer prayers and He does love us. (The top two pictures show the secret santa gifts that were left at our doorstep.) We have no idea who gave them to us but we are very grateful for those who thought of us.

We opened lots of gifts together and had fun seeing the piles of wrapping paper when we were done. There were DVD's, clothes, socks, candy, and things that were needed. We watched the Walt Disney World Parade on TV and just hung out together. During the evening we enjoyed the company of friends in our ward who had invited us over for dinner. It was a wonderful dinner and we had fun playing Phase 10, which I was stuck on phase 7 for 8 hands. I just couldn't seem to get 2 sets of 4. It was a great time anyway, even if I could not get past that phase until someone won the game. (The 2 pictures on the side show all of the gifts that we received from friends and family.)
We had a white Christmas, since it has been snowing so much lately. It even snowed on Christmas Day and we walked over to our friends apartment in about 6 inches of snow. We hope that your Christmas was as wonderful as ours was. This picture of Charles is one of my favorites. The Afghan was made by his mom and he was so excited to finally have it.

1 comment:

Megan and Jeremy said...

What a wonderful Christmas-I'm so glad Tammy!