Sunday, April 18, 2010

April already!

So last month on the day after my birthday I drove home to meridian to see my family. It was a weekend that was needed. I had not seen my family for over a year. My parents are moving to the Portland, Oregon area since my dad has a new job there now. My sister is back in Rexburg attending BYU-Idaho and will have a terrific semester.
As for myself, I am now divorced and living in my own place in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. I am still working as a pharmacy technician for Wal-Mart. Currently I am trying to figure out the next step in my life. I thought that my marriage would last forever but due to reasons that even I don't understand completly it ended. I am waiting on the Lord and making the decision as to where I am needed next. I have options but not sure which one will be the best for me.
After the 4 1/2 years that I was married, I have learned many things and I do not regret my decision to marry Charles. I knew that it was right to marry him and I know I listened to God when I made the choice to say yes as I knelt across from him. Now our lives are heading in different directions and the marriage did not make it.
For now I keep in touch with friends and family. They are my strength and the Lord is by my side. I will keep praising my Heavenly Father for the wonderful things he has done for me.
April is almost over, and the trees outside are beautiful. I am grateful to live in such a beautiful place with mountains and trees.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Dear Tammy-
I am a stranger and I hope you don't find my comment disturbing. I am a friend of Nathan Asbell's and I saw your comment on his facebook today, and then I came to your blog. I was also divorced after 4 years of marriage and I can't imagine anything more painful. Your positive attitude and your faith will carry you through. I've now been divorced for nearly three years and I'm able to look back without regretting neither the marriage nor the divorce. I just want you to know that you're not alone and that, while divorce is deeply and intensly hurtful, it's survivable. And not only survivable, but thrivable (yes, I made up that word just now, hehe). Just don't lose that great faith that you have, keep your eyes to Jesus and let Him take your pain, let Him take the burden off your shoulders. Since He's already taken your pain, you may as well let Him have it. :) But I'm probably preaching to the choir. As a sister who's been there, done that, and fairly recently, I'm happy to help and listen. I know you have family and friends who are supportive, but in case you want an uninvolved third party for anything, I'd be glad to be a friend. I'm so sorry for your loss. God bless.
~Stephanie J Montano