Sunday, August 12, 2012

Adventures in Rexburg-summer 2012

My heart will always belong in Rexburg, no matter how far away I am from it. BYU-Idaho has changed over the years from when I first went there back in 1998 when it was still Ricks College. This is the library quad that they have redone to be an ampitheater type area. The building to the left is the Library and the right is the Smith building (where I had english classes). 

 This picture shows the front of the university store (bookstore) which is inside the Manwaring Center, also called the MC and has had construction on it to be what it is today. It looks more modernized and has so much more in it than just the bookstore, food area, and bowling alley. I had a dance class in the ballrooms and I even attended church in this building when I first came to Rexburg.
 The Jacob Spori building was actually rebuilt just after I graduated in 2000 (which means I have an associates degree from Ricks College, since in 2001 it became BYU-Idaho).
 The famous testing center was through the doors and up the stairs to the second floor and into a room where there were lots of desks waiting for us to take our tests. When I first came to campus, the health center was actually in this building too. Now it is on upper campus in its own building.
 One of my most favorite buildings...The Taylor building. I spent a lot of time in this building as I attended my religion classes. I still love to go back to campus and attend a class or two as time permits. On the second floor I spent lots of time studying on the benches that are there.
 The whole reason why I was even up to Rexburg in June was to not only attend the temple, hang out in a few religion classes, and just enjoy the day, but to be in the Hart auditorium to see Bill Cosby!!! This picture shows where I was sitting on the floor.
 On the screens on both side of the stage showed a close up of Bill Cosby. It is the only way that I was able to have any pictures. He was so funny and I am glad I had the chance to be up there. All 3 days showed that the tickets were sold out on the first day that I looked at. Then a few days later I felt I should try again, and there were 4 individual seats in 4 different spots in the auditorium so I could go. I laughed so much and I was so glad to be able to be there.
 Here I am by the stage where Bill Cosby sat. Then to end the night I went up by the temple to see it at night. The picture below is one of the many that I took that night before I drove back down to Pocatello. I really do love the temple!!!

1 comment:

Amber said...

My heart will always be there too. I can't believe how much it's changed!!