Tuesday, August 21, 2012

May thru August adventures...Part 2

So this is the tree that I thought I could climb. I had my hands in the right spot and put my foot on the tree and pushed up, when my foot slid down. Yet the rest of the day I was walking on it as we went from place to place seeing all kinds of really cool things.


 This is the Pittock Mansion which is in Portland near Washington Park. We could have gone inside for a tour, but chose not to. There were still so many things that we wanted to see anyway.

 After seeing the Pittock Mansion we went over to Washington Park. We went through the international Rose test gardens where we saw all sorts of roses. This one to the right is a chocolate rose. It was a really pretty looking rose. The one on the far right is a statue that is new to the gardens. The statues arm is behind me so I could look like I was wearing his hat. Here are only 2 pictures that I took since I really can't add all the pictures that were taken from me and my family.
Here is my sister and my mom under an archway that was made of roses.
Since my arm is long enough, I took a picture of all three of us in the rose gardens. It turned out pretty good too.

 The next place we went was the Japanese Gardens. This little guy was at the entrance and I just had to have a picture next to it. I think he is a pretty cool statue. Inside the garden you can see a Tea house and garden area, a zig-zag bridge, and as seen below- heavenly falls and lower pond. I love this picture of the falls. I am sitting down on a rock, since my right ankle was hurting some.
 We continued through the garden by walking through a natural garden and next to the sand and stone garden. The sand and stone garden reminds me of The Next Karate Kid when she has to jump kick from one rock to another. In honor of the karate kid, my sister is posing with a karate kick and since she is doing it towards me I just had to pull a frowny face.... :(
  We drove out of Washington Park and headed back home so I could put ice on my ankle. The next day we did some shopping and then with our parents we walked up a trail to Larch Mountain. It was there that we could see 5 volcanoes that are in Washington and Oregon. Since it was a pretty clear day we could actually see all of them. It took me a little longer than the rest of my family but it was worth it. Here are a few pictures from this adventure.
 Mt St Helens-- zoomed in picture since it is really 46 miles away


 Mt Adams which is 54 miles away. it is the mountain covered in snow

 Another zoomed in picture since Mt Rainier (washington) is 97 miles away

 Mt Hood is the closet to Larch Mountain and this picture is as I saw it from the top.
 This one is a zoomed in one so you can see the top which is underneath the clouds

 The one below is Mt Jefferson which was 62 miles away, it is a little zoomed in
 Look, I found some snow at Larch Mountain, It was just too far for me to go play in...Maybe another time when I go to Portland then I will be able to play in the snow when I go see Mt Hood close up.

 I am actually quite happy with this picture that I took of myself at the top of Larch Mountain. I believe that it is Mt Hood behind me but I don't remember. But I LOVE this picture!!! The one underneath was my family who walked up the trail with me. It was well worth the trip up to the top.



No comments: