Saturday, July 4, 2009

Mother's Day, Memorial Day and May fun

During the month of May we continued to enjoy life here. At the very end of April I was hired on to work at Wal-Mart as a Pharmacy Technician. I was very excited and very overwhelmed at what I would now be doing as a job. During May I worked full time and continued to learn all that I need to know. I am happy to be back in the pharmacy again. Charles worked odd jobs around town and earned what money he could as he has been searching for a full time job.

For Mother's Day we went to church and my husband got me a card to remind me how nice I am. I look forward to do the day when I will be called mom!!!

I made my husband his favorite kind of cookies and even made a special one just for him. Here is a picture of what I made and he enjoyed it very much.
On the 16th of May we were able to drive to Couer'd Alene to see my sister Christine. She came with a choir group from the Boise Institute to sing for a tour. We were able to see her for a few minutes after the program--which was really good. We had not seen her since December and it was nice to see her again.


Memorial day was spent with my husband's family. It began in the cemetery to remember those who have died for our country. There was a 21 gun salute to honor them. We also put flowers by the headstones of his family members. There are quite a few in the Priest River cemetery. That night we had a Barbeque and enjoyed gametime together. It was a nice day!! IT did not even rain which was really nice.

No comments: