Saturday, July 4, 2009

Catching up on our life

Life in Priest River has kept us busy!!! In April I was working for the U.S. Census Buerau as a Crew Leader Assistant. I was able to drive around our area and see where people live. The job was basically to help out the crew leader, while verifying addresses so that the census can be mailed out next year. That's right it is almost time to count how many people live in the Unisted States. It happens once every 10 years and I was able to help out with it this time. Here are a few pictures from what I saw.
This picture shows the snowy mountain tops that I saw since we live practically in the middle of the mountains. Well, close enough at least. I went to houses in the following cities: Priest River, LaClede, Sagle, Priest Lake, and Oldtown. It was a lot of fun and I am glad that I had the chance to do it.
This is Settlement School that is off of East Settlement Road here in Priest River. I thought it was cool to see the history that is here. It was used in the early 1900's.




This picture shows what one family had as you left their house. I just thought it was really funny that it is a buzzard who says goodbye to all who come to visit.
The final picture shows the badge that I wore to identify myself as I went from house to house. Unfortunately We had to give the badge back so I only have this picture of it.

No comments: