Saturday, January 22, 2011

1 Year later...

Many of you know that a year ago I was married to a man that I believed would be my eternal companion. Well things changed when he moved out and then a few months later gave me divorce papers. No my life is not over from those changes. Some people may feel that way, but not this divorced woman. I admit that I never wanted to be divorced but I agree with Kristen Oaks in her book about being single. In the book she mentions what a sister said to her bishop and I agree with it completely! she said: "It is better to be single than to be badly married!"
I would rather be single living the gospel than to be in a situation where I feel that my standards are compromised be another. No offence to the man that I married. He is a good man, just not the one for me. I believed that he was when I married him and I don't regret that choice at all. I learned many things in the 4 and 1/2 years that I was married. On the other hand I learned much during the last year.
Today I went to the temple, then went bowling with my ex-husband (yes we are friends and we have done things together since we have been divorced), and then I came home to find my acceptance letter from ISU!!!! So all in all it was a great day. I am excited to start a new chapter of my life in Pocatello, ID. While I am single I am going to make the best of it- better than I did the first time when I was single. It is a time to KNOW who I am! It is a time to LIVE the gospel of Jesus Christ. And it is a time to have a stronger knowledge of His gospel.
Needless to say I have felt many blessings for living the right way and for moving forward. I even had a doctor tell me that I am doing pretty good for having the situation that I do.
More to come later.
Me with my acceptance letter to ISU. I just had to share! :)

1 comment:

Hokie Family said...

Hi Tammy,
Great to see your blog! Ben's parents live in Pocatello now. We lived in pokie a few years for school. We loved it.
Heather