Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New Years Day 2011

So the New Year began with a day of work...so exciting when all the doctor's offices are closed. LOL So I actually got to go home early.
On New Year's Eve I decided that I would do something just for myself that would be fun and that I probably would not do again since I will not be up here next year. I took a cruise on Lake Couer d'Alene. It didn't cost much since it was a short one- less than an hour but still good. The first picture below is the entrance to the boat docks.

As we left the docks we saw none other than... The GRINCH!!!! He kept yelling at us that we would not have any fun. ( He was so wrong. lol)

The next part of the cruise took us to another side of the lake to see where Santa's Workshop was at the North Pole. Who knew that there was a North Pole in Idaho!!!


The next part of the Cruise was my favorite!!!!! I love Christmas trees and they told me before going on the cruise that there was a tree that was bigger than the one at Rockefeller Center. I thought that it was going to be a REAL tree decorated with all my favorites. Instead it was all made of lights!!!! Unfortunately I was not prepared to make a video of the entire song but I did take pictures and one short video. I hope you enjoy what I saw.

These next 3 pictures are all of when the rest of the lights turned on at the finale. Truly it was amazing.

This was the village that they had in lights.

This is supposed to be the workshop for Santa.

After all the lights turned on we headed back the the CDA Resort. The lights were amazing from the water. They are all over the boat docks that they have at the resort and it is even more amazing from the water.



I have actually become pretty good at taking my own picture and getting my entire head in the picture and some of the background. That being said this is me on the Boat by the stairs that lead up to the deck.

So the adventure on the lake begins the year off with something totally out of the ordinary. I am really glad that I took the time to do it and that I had the ability to go.
Now for what to look forward to for the rest of the year....
1. My best friend is getting married and I will be her maid of honor (I am so blessed to do that for her)
2. I will be moving in May to Pocatello to attend ISU and work towards becoming a pharmacist
3. Being around people closer to my age and with the same religion
4. Anything that God wants me to do to be the best daughter that I can be.
Here is to 2011!!!!!




1 comment:

Kristin said...

I hope you have a very happy new year!